Position Statements & Reports
- ASA, CSSA, and SSSA Position Statement on Climate Change
- ASA, CSSA, and SSSA Biosecurity Position Statement
- CSSA Position Statement in Support of Plant Biotechnology
- CSSA Position Statement on Plant Genetic Resources
- CSSA Position Statement on Crop Adaptation to Climate Change
- CSSA Perspective on Biotechnology
ASA, CSSA, and SSSA Greenhouse Gas Report: Approximately 6% of all greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions originating in the United States come from agricultural activities. These gases are in the form of carbon dioxide (CO2), nitrous oxide (N2O), and methane (CH4). However, by employing proper management techniques, agricultural lands can both sequester carbon and reduce CO2, CH4, and N2O emissions, thereby reducing their GHG footprint.